Tuesday, September 23, 2008

We're Getting Married!




On September 13th, 2008, Erik took me to San Francisco for my birthday surprise! Right after we started our drive to the city, he told me we were going to an old army post called Fort Baker. The history of the old fort instantly fascinated me and I was excited to see the old missiles and barracks that bordered the ocean. Erik's seemingly calm and normal demeanor left me completely unsuspecting! Once we arrived at the fort, he drove us up a hill where old barracks and a lighthouse sat on top of a cliff. He then took me up a short trail that led to a cliff with a breathtaking view! We had a 180 degree view of the Pacific Ocean with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background. It was there that Erik proposed and gave me the best birthday gift ever! We spent the rest of the day walking through the city in complete exhilaration! We ended the perfect day with a wonderful dinner under the Bay Bridge and a walk down Fisherman's Warf for some ice cream. Now we are so excited to begin planning our lives together as we know God has an incredible plan for us!

No comments: