Tuesday, September 4, 2012

new blog

I’ve been told by a few too many people that I should start another blog … like, a “real” blog {whatever that means}.  I assume they suggest such an idea to give me a more notable outlet to share my life stories via the creative world of blogging.  Make sense?  I guess the whole “erik & julie” themed blog isn’t exactly was drives people to read your posts about oatmeal.

so, after a LOT of brainstorming, I came up with a new blog title slash site slash concept.  and to be honest, I’m not entirely sure I love wordpress just yet; however, I’m convinced it will grow on me.  I do, however, love the template I found for my new blog … so that makes things better.

if you are interested in reading my life stories, my amateur adventures into the world of DIY, my 20-something insights, and so on … please join me over at “The Lovely Forecast”.

The reason I landed on this name {again … it took months, and I’m still working on loving it}, is because I like the idea of “the forecast”:

fore·cast

   [fawr-kast, -kahst, fohr-] noun

noun

1. a prediction, especially as to the weather.

2. a conjecture as to something in the future.

3. the act, practice, or faculty of forecasting.

4. Archaic . foresight in planning.

I know it’s a term generally used to determine or predict the weather … but think about it in terms of life.  We can neither determine what is going to happen next, nor predict the future.  However, with God’s grace, mercy, and guidance, we can certainly determine how we are going to respond to it.  Are we going to find joy in our struggles (2 Corinthians 12:9)?  Are we going to respond to the pains of life with His love and grace?  Can we even do so, without abiding (John 15see also) in Christ?

Thus, I want my story to reflect God’s love.  I want it to be a lovely adventure, in which I choose to pursue His wisdom.  Thus, I want my life’s forecast to be lovely.  I want to run in the sun and I want to find a way to dance in the rain.

So for now … it fits.  “The Lovely Forecast” 

it may change in the future, and it may not.  we’ll just have to see how these growing pains pan out.

so, please bear with me as I continue to tweak my new blog.  I fully understand that the world wide web is saturated with bloggers and I am merely adding to a world already filled with creativity, insight, and tips & tricks … and I’m not intending on make millions from this little corner of cyber-space. I simply hope to use it as an outlet for the words that fill up my brain and need a place to be written. I do hope you enjoy it!

No comments: