Tuesday, January 3, 2012

new years makes me think of sparkles

and glitter.  and other sorts of shiny, shimmery things.  and those sort of things just make me happy.  I love a little sparkle here and there.  {don’t worry.  even though I come from the days of heavily lightly dusted glitter on the eyelids and puff paints that sparkled one’s name on a hair ribbon – oh the days of cheerleading – I’ve totally outgrown that sort of glittery extreme}  but like I said, a little sparkle here and there is fun.  and girly.  and pretty.  and happy.  and it’s clearly the little girl in me, making an appearance.  {if you’re not a sparkle person, just bear with me as I’m about to make some profound references to sparkling.  so come on, little girl; come out and play.}

Blog2

like I was saying, I like a little sparkle.

and well, what a better way to enter into the new year.  with a dash of sparkle.  excitement for some shine.  and some glittery enthusiasm for what the new year has to bring.

because {generally speaking}, new things shine. 

and sometimes, they sparkle.  with a nice luster {[luhs-ter] noun 1.the state or quality of shining by reflecting light; glitter,sparkle, sheen, or gloss: the luster of satin.}  I’m sure you already knew what luster means, but come on.  it’s a fun definition.

it makes the newness of the sparkly item, well, a little more exciting {if you ask me}.

so there you go.  it’s the new year.  2012.  I don’t know about you, but I’m planning on making it a sparkly one.

and guess what … God calls us to shine:

Matthew 5
16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

and guess what shine is used to describe? check out definition numero three.  I also like definition numero 5.  definitely a fan of those descriptors.  and character traits. 

spar·kle    [spahr-kuhl]

verb (used without object)
1.to issue in or as if in little sparks, as fire or light: Thecandlelight sparkled in the crystal.
2.to emit little sparks, as burning matter: The flames leapedand sparkled.
3.to shine or glisten with little gleams of light, as a brilliantgem; glitter; coruscate.
4.to effervesce, as wine.
5.to be brilliant, lively, or vivacious.

 

sparkle on, people.  sparkle on.

ok, the cheesy little girl references to all things pertaining to glitter and sparkles are now over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love it! I'm actually wearing sparkly nail polish as we speak, hehe!