Friday, October 22, 2010

sweet pumpkin deliciousness.

Even though I am not quite a culinary artist, I thoroughly enjoy reading food blogs {when I have the precious time to do so}.  I barely have the time to dabble with the not-so-commonly-used cooking utensils that I would love to play with, but when I do, I truly enjoy the feeling of true domesticity {did I make that up?} … even if I do have to research how to use that not-so-commonly-used contraption. 

As usual, I feel like fall summons my cooking/baking/creating desires and the cooler weather often allows a little more time inside where my domestic creativity can thrive {by “thrive”, I mean, take a small step into the world of “does this look good/taste good/do I really know what I’m doing?”}  I am not a super creative do-it-yourselfer – not yet at least – but I hope to someday have the time to really let creativity fly.  My cute husband has more natural creativity in his ultimate world of do-it-yourself.  I mean, when you can see something in a store and actually build it yourself with your own added touch of personality, that is a whole new level of cutting/pasting/sewing do-it-yourself.

Anyways, while I like to play with all things cute and artsy, I also like eating sweet treats {especially this time of year!}.  While the consistency of the fall fruit of fame often deters people from enjoying the masterpiece that is the pumpkin, I have found a treat that does away with the mushiness.  It is pure pumpkin deliciousness.  And so, I will share:

Sweet Pumpkin Dip

1 - 15oz can of pure pumpkin

2 - 8oz packages of cream cheese (you can use reduced fat if desired)

2 cups of powdered sugar (I know it’s a lot and it’s not healthy, but please forego your healthy diet for this one fabulous treat)

Cinnamon and Ginger to taste

Blend pumpkin and softened cream cheese until smooth.  Slowly add powdered sugar, then spices.

apple and pumpkin dip

please forgive the sloppy picture.  it was taken with my phone while at work … I just couldn’t resist!

Seeeeee, easy, easy, easy.  Yum, yum, yum.  I like it with apples but it is fabulous with cookies, wafers, crackers, etc.

There, I have officially entered into the world of food blogging, but I promise, it won’t go much further than this.

No comments: