Monday, October 4, 2010

time.to.get.something.done.

I am feeling unproductive right now and I hate that feeling.  I cannot do what I need to do until I get a response from the person/people I need get a response from … thus, I am momentarily and currently stuck in a stagnate state of {borderline} boredom.  While I am VERY excited about some possibilities that may be just around the corner {all in terms of my job}, as the contacts I have been reaching out to are slowly but surely expressing interest, I still feel stuck.  Tick tock, Tick tock … I wait.  Check the e-mail.  Get some other things done that don’t need to be done for another week or so.  Wait.  Get the mail.  Check the e-mail again.  Wait.  Tick tock. {maybe, possibly, a little bit of an exaggeration. maybe}

mechanical-clock-3d-screensave

The opportunities and contacts I am waiting for are from Reno, Nevada and Greenville, South Carolina.  I am attempting to plan fundraisers in each city and am on the brink of some great contacts/movers who want to get the ball rolling!  So, come on!  Let’s get it rolling already! 

As for true productivity, that word perfectly describes this last Saturday: up early, kiss husband good-bye {he had to work}, make a burrito, feed the dogs, clean out their kennels, rake the weeds from the orchard, water the plants/trees, weed the flower beds and rose bushes, weed the garden, pick some zucchini and tomatoes, check on the pumpkins, hose off the porch, prune the roses, pick some flowers, deep clean the kitchen, and probably some other things that I can’t remember right now.  I’m exhausted just typing that out … it may not seem like a lot, but my hands are stained black to prove the depth of my labor.

IMG_0361

something pretty came out of my sweaty, dirty, and tiring day

P.S.  I promise to always include an “I-come-from-a-family-of-over-exaggerators-hence-I-know-I’m-over-exaggerating-right-now” Disclaimer in times when it is obvious {or even not so obvious} that I am over-exaggerating.  After all, it’s good that I realize my innate tendency, right????

Thank.you.very.much.my.friends.

Happy Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can you clean my kitchen next week?! {na, just come and hang out!} wow! I'm impressed by your productivity! pretty flowers make it worth it!!!