Friday, September 16, 2011

twinsies.

I am birthday twinsies with this particular gentleman:

harry

Yup.  That’s the prince.  of Wales.  And by birthday twins, I don’t mean that we just share the same month and day on the calendar as the anniversary of our birthday.  We are 100 percent birthday twins. 

September 15, 1984

My mom always tells me that {since she was the only preggo lady in the hospital at the time of my intended arrival} she remembers seeing it on the news: Princess Diana was in labor with son numero dos.

To make being twinsies with a prince even more exciting worse, when my mom got this good housekeeping mag in the mail: (yes I googled it, because I knew I would remember the exact issue that seemed to stay in her magazine basket for years to come)

goodhousekeeping

… She told me she could imagine herself sipping tea with the Princess as their children played in the courtyard.  I’m not sure why, but I thought that the fact that we were the only 2 children {in all of the world – bear with me, that’s how my mind worked at the time} born on September 15, 1984, we were destined to be married.  Again, bear with me ... I’m not entirely sure why the correlation of birthdates and marital compatibility makes sense in a little girls head, but apparently, it does.  Now, I am fully aware that she was joking at the time, but for a brief period in my youth, I actually thought I was going to marry him.  I’m pretty sure I was the age he was in the magazine pic when those thoughts of being a princess filled my young little mind … but alas, I was going to be a princess one day.

Well, as you can see, I didn’t marry Prince Harry … and I can’t say I’m disappointed in the least.  I have a prince of my own … and we are birthday month twinsies {which totally counts in my book as a positive and appropriate birthday/marital compatibility correlation}

No comments: